Monday, May 27, 2013

Called

According to dictionary.com serve is defined as a verb meaning to perform duties or services for (another person or an organization).  And the fact that some of the Fenns have felt the desire to serve something or someone (or both!) that's bigger than himself or herself makes me prouder than anything I can think of.  

And this Memorial Day I've been thinking a lot about it. So I can really say there's nothing that makes me prouder than...

Paddy teaching math in Kuwait:
 



 Tony graduating OCS in Rhode Island and going on to Pensacola to start Flight School:




Sis responding to Silverton's calls for help:



Marine Corps bro Gabe servin' it up in Okinawa, Japan:



And KP--devoting himself to family:




And I know that as time goes on, the calling to serve will differ in how it looks, where it is, and who is touched by it--this doesn't matter, just as long as it's there! 




No comments:

Post a Comment